We would like to introduce you to our social activities group, the Acorn Club, which sponsors many different activities to enjoy at Oak Grove.
The monthly Koffee Klatch is a great time to meet your neighbors. Please, bring your coffee cup. (Donations are accepted to cover the cost of donuts and coffee.). Please bring your table service for each of our dinner events. Join us for the monthly Potluck Suppers which are normally held on the 3rd Sunday at 5:00 p.m.
- A pancake breakfast is held each month. The cost is $3.00 (pay inside the hall) for made to order eggs, pancakes, sausage, juice and coffee. Bring your mug and table service.
- For our Potluck Suppers, each unit attending should bring a food dish which serves 6 – 8 people. Bring your table service.
- For Thanksgiving, Christmas, St. Patrick’s Day and Easter dinners, a signup sheet is posted on the bulletin board in the recreation hall for you to record the number of guests attending and the side dish you will be bringing. Each of these dinners is free with the meat dish and some sides provided. Bring your table service.
- Dance entertainment is available at New Years Eve (welcoming the New Year), and our annual Sweetheart Party in February honoring couples who have been married 50 years. Tickets for these events, and any others that require a small cover charge for the meal, are available one to two weeks before the event. All food is provided for any event for which tickets are required.
In addition to the above, the following activities are available as scheduled:
- Monday: Ladies shuffeboard in the afternoon, cards and pool (billiards) in hall in evening
- Tuesday: Game night at the hall
- Wednesday: Bible class in the hall in the morning, Bocce in the pm, Euchre in the evening
- Thursday: Crafts in the hall, mixed shuffleboard in the afternoon, cards and pool in the evening.
- Friday: Bingo in the hall in the evening Saturday: Cards and pool in the hall in the evening.
There is also a park competition shuffle board league, horseshoes available to play, bowling leagues, park picnic, rummage sale, and the annual fun shuffle and pizza party. Check your calendar and feel free to attend the events that interest you; perhaps there is something you would like to start?
General meetings of the Acorn Club are held on the first Monday of the month, November through April. Block representatives are volunteers who are also on the committee. All events are run by volunteers who do the cooking, set ups, clean ups, and many other sundry things needed to put on an event. Volunteers help keep the costs of all social activities down and allow the many “free” activities to occur. New volunteers are gratefully accepted to help at any event.
We encourage your participation in all the park activities. It is a great way to meet your neighbors.